Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quick Tomato Curry

Here's a little creation of my own, with things I happened to have in the kitchen at the time. I was craving some curry, and found tomatoes.

I highly recommend eating this with some Naan.

Ingredients should be readily available. I wouldn't really go out of my way to go out buy any of them, so I figure, this is a good recipe for people that can't be bothered with doing some extra shopping for dinner time.

The creme fraiche at the end is optional. I like the creaminess, and hell it was spicy. Even with the creme fraiche toning down on that chili.



What you need:
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 2 teaspoons of ginger
  • 1 can of tomatoes
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 chili
  • 2 tablespoons chili paste
  • 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche (or cream, or other remotely related dairy product)
From the spice rack (a suggestion):
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons of salt
  • 4 cloves
  • 2 teaspoons of cardamom
  • 2 teaspoons of black pepper
  • 4 coriander seeds
  • 2 teaspoons of cumin
1. Fry up onion, ginger, garlic in some olive oil until see-through.

2. Add tomatoes (tin and fresh), chili, chili paste.

3. Let everything boil down. 10 minutes on low heat, then add spices, stir.

4. If you feel like it, stir in some creme fraiche, for that nice pinkish orange colour.

5. Serve with some Naan, Chapati, or other flat breads. Rice is always an option.

1 comment:

  1. I can independently vouch for the deliciousness of this curry

    ReplyDelete